Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blank Pages...

It's a new year:)

I confess I'm one of those people who makes resolutions faithfully every year. I don't always fulfill them, but I make them. Maybe it's the hope for something better, or maybe just something new. Or maybe it's the blank spaces on the calendar that has me itching to fill them with something new and important.

I guess I have an issue with blank things.

Something about blank pages in a notebook or on a computer screen, a blank canvas, or even a lonely piece of wood makes my fingers tingle and my arms ache to get moving--to pick up that pencil, or paintbrush, hammer and nails, or start tapping those keys. I'm not sure why certain colored sunsets, or certain songs strike up a desire in me I cannot seem to quench until I pick up that pencil or strike those keys--but I always seem to feel a void until I can take what is in my head or in my heart and transform it into something tangible.

I don't have a lot of time to create. Work schedules, family schedules, and church callings always take top priority. Sometimes I wish the voices in my head would shut up so I wasn't always thinking about my projects when I need to be focused on other things. It would make the time management thing a lot easier. I realized a long time ago that I'm a lot more balanced mom when I take a little time to try and develop this desire to create that won't leave me alone. Elder M. Russell Ballard, an apostle in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, once said in a talk he gave to mothers that you can't draw water from an empty well. We need to take time to develop our talents or "refill our wells" in order to be more content and balanced. A mom's needs are important too. But I'm really struggling with not feeling guilty about scheduling time to create. I told myself long ago I wouldn't let writing take time away from my husband and my kids, but my husband's new work schedule is making this goal very difficult. Maybe I've found a new resolution for this year--better time management. I wonder how I'm going to do it. . . .

I'm thinking. I'm thinking.
Hmmmm. . . . Nope I got nothin.

If anyone out there has some awesome time management suggestions--sans guilt--I'd love to hear them:)

I wish you all a fabulous 2014 and that all your blank pages be filled with great things!!!

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment