Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"This moment contains all moments" C.S. Lewis

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Gratitude is such a fabulous thing to celebrate--every moment of our lives is a gift, we choose whether or not they are something we'll cherish or forget. 

It's so interesting how this time of year seems to bring out the best in people.There is a spirit of gratitude and giving that seems to permeate the very air we breathe. I love this season. I love the smells, the sights, the joy, the excitement, the extra time spent with family. I hate the cold, but during this season I can deal with it--come January I'll be ready for a southern escape.

I have been giving a lot of thought to the meaning of the season and trying to find ways to get my family and the amazing young girls I work with to get into the spirit. That spirit of giving, of bringing joy and smiles to someone else.

I wanted to have this post be about you. What are some of your awesome traditions for bringing the spirit of the holidays into your homes and families? What are some of the things you like to do?
What are your favorite parts of Christmas and Thanksgiving? What have been some of your favorite moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment